Teaching Economics and Financial Literacy Conference
Fifth Annual K-12 Teaching Economics and Financial Literacy Conference
January 25, 2013
Teachers engage in hands-on activities at the 2013 Conference.
The Fifth Annual K-12 Teacher Conference took place at the Chicago Federal Reserve Bank on Friday, January 25, 2013. This all day conference brought engaging curriculum presentations that delivered content and pedagogy through grade-level sessions in the morning. The afternoon seminars, designed for the attendees as educators and as active consumers in the economy, engaged the audience members, delivering both knowledge and a host of new resources. This 2013 event featured the latest curriculum releases from the Council on Economic Education including Learning, Earning, and Investing for a New Generation curriculum, the online financial literacy game, Geni Revolution, and many more. Registration, meals, participation stipends, and curriculum materials were made available at no financial cost to each eligible K-12 Illinois teacher. The 6th Annual Teaching Economics and Financial Literacy Conference is scheduled to take place on January 24, 2014 with registration opening on November 1, 2013.
View the program to learn more about the 2013 Conference:
Teacher feedback includes:
- This conference invigorates me each year. The resources provided and the knowledge and expertise of the presenters is amazing!
- I’ve attended a number of Econ Illinois’ programs and they are all extremely well organized. I always leave with great ideas, materials, and activities! Thank you for helping teachers help their students become better consumers and better decision makers.
- I wish this conference could be attended by each teacher in my entire school! This information is so necessary and should get into the hands of all teachers.
- Thank you for a wonderful day and an incredibly informative conference. It gets better every year!
- Financial literacy is vitally important in this day and age and our students need the tools to be able to navigate the financial and economic world for themselves. This conference offers hands on activities relevant to today’s curriculum and today’s economy.
The Conference and the accompanying materials were made available to teachers through the generous support of Discover Financial Services and the Council for Economic Education.